The EPQ3 ICA - Technology Services
Information Technology is often one of the largest elements of spend within an organisation, and yet it seems difficult for business leaders to tie down exactly how it delivers value.
Often regarded by the business units as a necessary cost, its role as a business enabler is often poorly understood, except by those organisations whose very business models are founded on the capabilities of the technology itself.
Business IT exists to enable business processes to be run more reliably, efficiently and at lower cost, with enhanced levels of automation and flexibility. At EPQ3 we believe that technology change goes hand-in-hand with process and people change. We help you get the technology right, then bind it to the processes it supports and the people who use it to deliver real business value. Our technology services can be used as stand-alone solutions or as part of our integrated approach.
IT provides services to the business. Underpinning this service delivery are software and hardware infrastructures that must be efficiently tied together within an Enterprise Architecture. EPQ3 can help you:
- Define and document the relationships between the various layers of service and infrastructure, including hardware, software and data, to provide optimum flexibility and scalability at minimum cost to the business
- Identify key components and assist with procurement/outsourcing processes
We also link the component architecture directly with the business processes that it supports, so you know which software and hardware components are critical to core business activities and where your investment focus should lie.
IT infrastructure services must achieve a level of maturity commensurate with the business demands placed upon them. Using our in-house capability/ maturity models we:
- Assess the maturity of delivery of infrastructure services from the point of view of the service provider (internal or external) and the service recipients (business units)
- Identify strengths and weaknesses and areas where rapid improvements can be achieved
- Map appropriate future maturity profiles and define transition and investment plans to achieve them
Information is the lifeblood of any organisation and yet it is seldom managed with the same rigour applied to other key business assets. At EPQ3 we apply best practice methods and tools to help you:
- Define an effective information architecture for your Enterprise
- Understand your core master business data and how to manage it to ensure the right information reaches the right people at the right time – every time
- Define the appropriate information governance bodies, roles and processes to ensure your organisation remains information-mature and can extract maximum value from its information at all times
Using the ICA framework we can also identify and ensure that the right leadership, management and employee culture are in place to render your information management strategy sustainable.
The structures, functions and roles within the IT organisation must be aligned to service the requirements of the business. We help you to:
- Understand the kind and level of IT capability desired by the business
- Evaluate the required IT functions and roles
- Evaluate the appropriate type of IT organisational structure best suited to deliver these functions against the business structure
- Determine which functions are best delivered through an outsourced model and which should remain in-house
- Understand the implications for leadership and management skills as well as employee engagement
- Develop a practical and effective phased transition plan covering all of the required facets of change
To discover more about our full range of business process services, please CONTACT US for an informal chat with a member of our team